My ‘relaxation’ giveaway ended at 6pm last night so thanks to all of you that entered. A winner has been chosen with the help of my own personal random number generator – Tim!! When I first posted about the giveaway, he read it and volunteered to by the random number generator. How could I turn him down! So last night, after our fabulous dinner, I wrote down the names of all of the entrants and asked him to pick a number between 1 and 11. This is what he chose:
I consulted my list and no 8 was…...
This is Faith’s answer to how she relaxes after a long week at work:This is very similar to how I relax actually! A run clears my head from work worries, a magazine is always a good idea and I always catch up on blogs in the evening too! Faith please email me your address and I’ll get your goodies sent over to you!
So onto my day, this morning I had a very early start as I had a dentists appointment at 9.20am. The dentist is over an hour away so I had to leave the house at 8am. For my breakfast I inhaled a big bowl of oats.
In the mix was: a cup of oats (prob more!), two handfuls of raisins, 12 almonds chopped, enough milk to cover it and a sprinkling of Cheerios! It was delicious!
After a quick trip to the dentist for a check up I went into work. I only missed an hour so it wasn’t too bad. The day seemed to go very quickly though, always good for a Monday! My lunch – chicken salad sandwich, banana nd the remainder of my chocolate covered almonds – went unpictured (again, sorry!) as I didn’t have time to take any pictures this morning and I ate it at my desk so my colleagues would have been very intrigued as to why I was taking pictures of food!! Do you take pictures of food in front of people who don’t know about your blog? If so, what do they say!
Dinner this evening was my task and I tried out a new recipe – Sausage, Tomato and Bean Bake. This was taken from BBC Good Food magazine August 09 issue. I cut it out nearly a year ago so I’ve had my eye on this for ages! It is a very simple recipe and packed full of flavour. It is perfect for a cloudy day like today!
Sausage, Tomato and Bean Bake (Serves 3 – 4)
- 6 – 8 large sausages
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sage
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannelloni beans
- 400g can haricot beans
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and fry the sausages for 5 – 10 mins until the are lightly brown and sealed. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the pan and saute the onions and sage for 10 mins, until the onions are soft.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the beans.
- Put the tomato/beans into an ovenproof then top with the sausages, burying them into the mixture.
- Bake for 25 mins until the sausages have cooked. Enjoy!
Before I go here are some great things I’ve found in the blog world recently:
- If you are new to blogging or want to improve your blog, definitely check our Meghann’s Blogging 101 posts. There are four of them geared toward improving the content, design, photos and marketing of your blog. I’ve picked up so many good tips from these posts and they are a great place to learn so much about blogging.
- Tina is hosting a great giveaway on her other blog Trading Up Downtown – if you want to win some Lara bars head over to have a look.
- Angela and her husband Eric have just completed their first triathlon. They both did really well and should be so proud of themselves. To read about it click here (swim) and here (bike and run). Massive congratulations!