Omg where has this week gone! I can’t believe it’s Friday already. I am SO snowed under at work and have only just caught up with myself from Easter. I am now working on 5 projects at the same time and my desk looks like a bomb has hit it!!! So I am so thankful to be at home with a nice dinner cooking, courtesy of my bf and a great weekend ahead. I’m going to the cinema tomorrow to see Kick Ass – it sounds great – and then in the evening we are going out for dinner with my family for my mum’s birthday. Then Sunday will be relaxing with a lot of great eats. I’ll try to take a few piccies but my family don’t know I do a food blog so they may give me weird looks!!
So, onto another great eat, Sausage Bake. I have adapted this recipe a lot to make it work for us. Be warned, there is a lot of cheese in it, three different cheeses actually. I love cheese so this isn’t a problem for me! If you want a healthy dish, this probably isn’t it!!
It is a great dish that will feed a family of 4 or two greedy people like me and my bf! You can use whatever sausages you want but we like to use Pork ones. It’s so difficult to have just one portion!!
Sausage Bake (Serves 4)
- 400g penne pasta
- 6 large Pork sausages, chopped into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2/3rds jar of pasta sauce
- 150g mozzarella
- 75g Parmesan
- Slices of hard cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/GAs Mark 6. Boil the pasta in a large pan until cooked.
- Meanwhile, fry the sausage pieces until well browned and cooked through.
- Then add the two chopped peppers and the garlic and fry for another 5 min until the pepper is soft.
- Drain the cooked pasta then add in the pasta sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cooked sausages, pepper and garlic and stir to combine.
- Finally add in the mozzarella and three-quarters of the Parmesan and stir to combine.
- Pour into a lightly greased oven proof dish and top with the remaining Parmesan and slices of hard cheese.
- Cook for 30 mins until bubbling and golden. Enjoy!