This is going to sound quite horrible but I LOVE it when I get the chance to cook for myself!! Living with a man, most of the meals that we eat contain some sort of meat – beef mince, pork mince or chicken. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE meat and could never be a vegetarian but it is always nice to eat a completely vegetarian meal. Also, my bf doesn’t like a lot of the things that I do, for example courgettes, aubergines and mushrooms. When I can cook for myself I leap at the chance to use these ingredients.
So on Thursday night when I got home for Easter I decided to make a nice simple dish – Roasted Courgette & Tomato Pasta with some Parmesan. This was exactly what I needed. The pasta was just right and the roasted vegetables were sweet and juicy. The Parmesan was tangy and really added an extra dimension to this dish. It was a plate of comfort food, I was home and eating a lovely meal.
Roasted Courgette and Tomato Pasta (Serves 1)
- 1 courgette, trimmed and diced
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped / 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 110g uncooked pasta / spaghetti
- grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- In a roasting tin, toss the courgette, tomatoes and garlic with 1 tbsp oil and season. Spread into a single layer and roast for 20 – 25 mins until the courgette is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to the package instructions.
- When the vegetables are ready, stir into the pasta, along with any juices.
- Add some Parmesan and toss to combine.
- Tip out onto a plate and top with some more Parmesan. Enjoy!