This was a combination of about 3 recipes that I’ve found recently. I really want to get more vegetarian meals into our diet as I feel we eat too much red meat. My boyfriend is open to eating vegetarian foods but it has to be tasty…..and this definitely was! It was really cheesy actually which is not a good thing for me as I’ve had cheese everyday this week! I do love it though. This recipe could easily feed 6 people of 4 very hungry people. We managed to make it feed us twice over with both of us having extra portions. I didn’t think you could freeze it very well so helped myself to an extra portion!
- 70g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 170g cheese, grated
- 350g bag broccoli & cauliflower florets, chopped into small pieces
- 120g spinach, washed
- 6 lasagne sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- First off make the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. When melted stir in the plain flour until a roux has formed.
- Slowly whisk in the milk until there are no lumps.
- Turn up the heat and continue stirring until the sauce has thickened.
- Add in 150g of the cheese and stir until melted.
- Place half of the broccoli and cauliflower florets into a large oven proof dish. Place half of the spinach on top then place 3 lasagne sheets on top of this, pressing down slightly.
- Pour over the cheese sauce, letting it seep down over all the layers.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for another 3 mins.